Tuesday, February 9, 2010

why i hate mondays

Granted, not every Monday sucks as much as yesterday. Hopefully you will never have a day like mine... Get up in the morning, and had no idea we were getting as much snow as we had... get in my car and head to work. One hour and 50 minutes later, I am finally at work. What a horrible drive in! Lunch time comes around and I hear my car acting all weird. I am thinking PLEASE dont die on me. I was going to look at my tires when I got back to work, and totally forgot about it. a coupe hours after lunch i thought, I will look out the window to see if i see a flat. of the three tires i could see, they were all fine. After work I head off to the gym and hear that noise again... HAS to be a flat. I was almost to the gym, so I continued there. Of course when I get out of the car Sarah says to me "i think you have a flat." sure enough. Go into the gym to start calling for someone to change my tire. With the 7 inches of snow we had thru the night/day i knew it was gonna suck to get someone out there... i called a couple places, they all said 4 to 6 hours before the could come out... in frustration, i look over at Joe, the guy who signed us up at our gym a week before and said "can you change a flat??" he was like "I sure can!!" THANK GOD FOR JOE!! he totally went above and beyond for me! on my list of things to do, get Joe a gift certificate for helping me! after that was done (and we both had snow accumulation on our jackets...) I called dad to see if i could trade cars with him and he take my car to discount tires in the morning to have them fix it. you see Discount Tires takes their last apt at 6!! wth? I headed to mom and dads to trade out vehicles. I got dad's truck, which worked out awesome with his 4wheel drive on those shitty road conditions.. a big THANKS to my pops for helping me out here too :) on my way home, my eye started itching. this is pretty normal after a visit to my parents, with the dogs there... i thought I just had a hair or something in my eye. i figured i would go home and wash it out.. when i get in to my bathroom i look, and there is a bubble in my eye. the only easy way to describe it is to say if i had contacts, it is like my contact moved over between the corner of my eye and my iris. i freaked out... dan wanted to see photos, so i took a few... i called americas best to see what they had to say. they told me to get into a urgent care center... before doing this i called the urgent care thinking, they aren't eye doctors, so i will call first to see if there is any reason for me to actually go in. the nurse called back and said yes, come in... so i headed to apple valley urgent care (only 24 hour urgent care in my area)... it was pretty dead there, 3 people who were called in before me... about 45 min later I was called in. the nurse or whatever that first person is that you see (takes your vitals and everything) she tells me she thinks its pink eye. i have never had pink eye, i was like you are kidding. she's like i am not a dr, but he will be in soon... omg, i found apple valley urgent cares version of dr mc dreamy!! very handsome man! anyway, he told me that he thinks i have a bacterial infection in my eye.. said that bubble is mucus... uuughhhh. gave me a prescription and told me to come back if it does not get better! what a sucky sucky monday! anyway, here are the photos.. its kinda hard to see, it was much easier to see it in person than capture it on camera... but it kinda looks like a tear drop in my eye.

No comments: