Tuesday, December 16, 2014

our wedding...and some other things from OCTOBER...

So I said that I'd update this more often while I geared up for my our wedding. And then promptly didn't do any updates. So here I go again. I have been home twice in the last two months, and I'll go ahead and update y'all on both... I'll start with my trip home in October.
The first thing I got to do was to take my nephews one year photos (I'll upload those soon)... I also got to surprise my niece at school, went up at lunchtime and brought her some Jimmy Johns..She had no idea, and was so surprised!
After my surprise lunch with Haley, I was able to meet up with my cousin to meet her sweet little baby twins!  They were such good lil babies when I was there to visit. So darn cute!


The first night I was in town we had an appointment to pick up my wedding dress, followed up by an appointment to check out some bridesmaids dresses... We found one that I LOVE and they will be eggplant in color... here is a hint, it's one of these... don't let the colors fool you because none of these are eggplant :)
Mom and I went up to the wedding site to do some taste testing. Overall it went well--I was really excited for the Cajun chicken pasta dish... It was alas too hot--almost too hot for me (and I can handle the heat, let me tell you!).  So I was bummed about that. I did decide on the parm crusted pork... I was invited to come back in Dec to try another dish since the pasta was too hot. After the food mom and I checked out the wedding location, it was close to sunset, and looked beautiful!


The first pic shows the isle I'll be walking down come May :)  we will be married under the trellis  at the front, and our guests will be on the grass. Cross your fingers for a nice warm winter so we have a beautiful May!
Saturday was my nephew RJ's 1st bday party! It was a wonderful day of hanging out with my family, here are a couple pics from his bday:





Sunday we hung out at mom and pops house for my sista's bday! Not only did we celebrate that, we were also celebrating Haley losing her first tooth, and RJs first steps (that he would only do for gramma!)



I had such a wonderful time being home, getting wedding things done, and spending time with my awesome family.  Here are a couple of my good bye pics with my niece and nephew:



No comments: