Saturday, February 28, 2015

Goulash!

So I found this recipe on Pinterest called  poverty meal. I looked at the recipe and thought this sounds a lot like mom's Goulash from when I was a kid. This Goulash recipe is one that I've tried through the years, but it was always better when my momma made it! Isn't this true for most things... As long as someone else is making it, it's usually better. But when your mamma makes it---gurrrrrlll... mmmmhummm. So went to the store and bought the food listed in the poverty meal recipe... Then I put a call in to momma to see what she put in it. I smooched the two recipes together and made a delish Goulash/poverty meal combo! I had to add my little spices to it as well... So it's a combo of all three! I hope you enjoy!

1 Large Onion (I use red onions for pretty much everything)
2 Garlic Cloves (I use a bottle of minced Garlic, not the dry stuff)
1 Tblspn of Olive Oil
1 LB Ground Beef
1 Can Stewed Tomatoes
1 Can Tomato Soup
1 LB Elbow Mac (I use whole wheat pasta)
Mustard
Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ
Cumin
White Pepper
Chili Powder
Shredded Cheddar Cheese


Cook pasta according to packaging.
Heat up oil over medium high heat in a large pan. Add garlic and onions, cook until translucent. Add ground beef. cook until only a little pink showing. Drain any extra grease and return to the stove top. bring the heat down to medium.  Add tomatoes, tomato soup to the beef, stir in. I did not measure any of the following ingredients. Just put in to taste: mustard, bbq sauce, cumin white pepper and chili powder. Cook until meet completely cooked through. Drain pasta and move the meat sauce to pot with pasta.  Stir to combine. Serve immediately. Top with cheddar cheese (or whatever your heart desires in the cheese world!)

No comments: