Sunday, March 8, 2015

Sunday Morning DIY Beauty items!

So today I took a break from all the wedding things I've been doing... I needed to do something besides wedding stuff for a hot minute. I've been gathering items on Pinterest that I've been wanting to throw together...and this morning I got them all done!  I made sugar lip scrub, a rosemary lemon sugar hand scrub, a night time cream, spray in conditioner/detangler, shampoo with some essential oils infused, and makeup remover!
Shampoo (the pic you will see on this page reminds me of Shawn White.. I can't not picture him).  I took a travel size shampoo bottle from target and filled it 1/3 with my shampoo.  I then added 8-9 drops of the following Essential Oils: Cedarwood, Clary Sage, Geranium, Lavender and Rosemary.

Detangling spray:  This was an easy one... another bottle from Target... I used my fiance's cheap shampoo (that's what it says to use!) .Filled the bottom up, and added half bottle of hot water... shook it up and then filled the rest with more hot water. easy peasy.

Sugar lip scrub: mine looks nothing like theirs--mine is more liquidy...I also made mine purple. of course it's dark dark purple b/c i just added blue and red... 

Sugar hand scrub: I didn't make half as much as they have here... Made enough to fit in the jar I had. I've never zested a lemon before, but dang, that made the kitchen smell yummy!

Night time cream: again I didn't have a container big enough to do 1/3 a cup, so I poured coconut oil in the container I had to fill up. Then moved it to a bowl, added the three EO's (I use Eden's Garden EO's, so instead of Peace & Calming I used Good Night).  I put the bowl in the fridge to harden the coconut oil (not hard hard, soft hard;) then I whipped it with my hand mixer. 

Makeup remove pads:  I didn't have a wide mouth mason jar, just used one I had in the house. May cause issues when I'm down to the bottom. But for now, I'm golden!

No comments: